John, Pete, Jack and William, have bushy beards, have bushy beards
John, Pete, Jack and William, have bushy beards, they sail along.......
This is part of a song we were singing in class last week. I haven't quite decided if I should be offended by it or not. In any case in first lesson these last couple of weeks we have been talking about explorers! In particular, Captain Robert Falcon Scott. For those of you who don't know or don't remember, Captain Scott set sail from Scotland for Antarctica. Once in Antarctica he and his men became stuck in the ice and were not able to break free for two years! So to follow in the footsteps of Captain Scott, last week we set sail as explorers on board the Pheonix!
(Because I know you are all wondering I will answer that yes, I had a beard as well but no, there are not any pictures of it)
Despite a wee bit of wind and rain at sea, our journey was a safe one. We kept our spirits up with hot cocoa and crackers and the blankets and sleeping mats kept us warm while we slept. With a good man at the helm, another reading the map and two more with binoculars, we not only reached our destination but also made it home again. Our doves too returned home and carried our messages of our discovery to those we left in Scotland.
1 comment:
OH MY GOD YOU ARE ADORABLE!
Post a Comment