
This is just down the street from the school. Looking toward the hills we are about to walk into.

Sheep!!

I love the stone walls here. I took about half a dozen photo of just the walls on this walk but I'll only subject you to this one.

The scenery along the way.


So this is the "castle" which was our destination. You can see it all the way at the school and it catches your eye sitting there on the hillside. When we reached it we discovered that it was not as interesting as we imagined. It is really just someone's house. No castle.

More scenery. I've been told that you can follow this river either all the way or most of the way up the hill. I hear it is a great walk and you may just see some pictures of that walk in the near future.

These signs were all over once we got into the hills.

And there they are.

That clump of trees there in the distance, in the middle of the picture, that is Ochil Tower.

Jakob (on the left) wanted find a more interesting means down the hill than the road which we had taken up. This is us trying to decide which way to go now after following Jakob and having left the road far behind us. This is only the first of many such stops. The two on the right are Ester and Stefan.

Ahhh, we found the path. A very nice one too.

And yes, more bulls. These were much closer however.

Okay, at this point the trail signs were actually directing us to climb over this fence (where Jakob is standing) and continue through the field of bulls. Jakob, who is standing only a few yards from the bulls, is trying to convince us all that with that stick in his hand (i don't know if you can see it) he is now intimidating to the bulls and they will not charge us if we too climb over the fence and walk through the field. No thank you. I found another way for us all to continue down the hill and remain on the opposite side of the fence from the bulls.

In the distance again you can see Ochil Tower. That building surrounded by the trees is our main house, Belvedere.
No comments:
Post a Comment