Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

I hope that you are all enjoying your holiday. Here in the "Land Down Under" Christmas was VERY hot. We're in Alice Springs, a small desert town near the middle of Australia. Nearly everything was closed for Christmas here so we had a quiet, relaxing Christmas. My day consisted of sleeping long, breakfast outside in the sunshine, planning for Sydney (our next destination) and then lunch in the city in the ONLY cafe we found open in the whole city. It was a nice day.

Christmas eve we went on a tour to Uluru and Kata Juta. This was incredible!! These are two inportant historical and religious sites for the indigenous people of Australia. Very beautiful. I can't wait to share photos with all of you.

Tomorrow we will be in Sydney and I have to say that I am looking forward to being in the city. And certainly Sydney! There is so much to see and do there.

Happy Holidays and lots of love to all my family and friends!

Until next time.... :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks tons for the post! Sounds like a fantastic trip!