Tuesday, December 15, 2009

With Flying Colors

I walked out of the final part of my test today and I wanted to cry. Not because it didn't go well, exactly the opposite!!

We have had three days of tests starting Friday and finishing today. The tests was in five parts: text production (writing), listening, reading, grammar and speaking. Today we finished with the speaking part of the testing and as I walked in they told me that I had already done very well on the previous parts of the test and by the end of my 15 minute speaking test they were also very happy with how well I am able to speak German. Yay!! I am so, so happy. I didn't realize it until I walked out of the test but being able to do well on the test means so much more to me than just the passing grade. Lately I have been feeling a bit discouraged with learning the language and wondering why I thought I could do this, but now I have some confirmation of what I have learned and the feeling that can manage it.

I know, because you are all wonderful and supportive, that you will all tell me that you believed in me all along. I believed in me too, but it also feels good to have these positive test results.

Yay me!!

:)

2 comments:

kelsi said...

well done, you! ;)

Unknown said...

I'm impressed! Congrats!